Instructions from Lahiri Mahasaya
- Kriya yoga is a very fine and subtle practice. So, all should meet the guru frequently and verify and discuss the kriya yoga techniques. They should seek his advice again and again.
- Otherwise, in the beginning, stages, it is not easy to understand the finer aspects of kriya yoga and there are more chances of making mistakes.
- If anybody thinks that one has understood everything in the first chance, one becomes open to mistakes, and chances of failure are more.
- It is wise for all disciples to mentally surrender themselves to the guru. The more the degree of surrender, the better are the chances of acquiring the deeper and finer aspects of kriya yoga and spirituality.
- One should never approach God and Gurus with empty hands. One should bring fruits, flowers, and donations when coming to see the Guru and God.
- One should approach god and gurus with humbleness and a positive attitude. Never show anger or irritability in the presence of the guru. Never argue or show egoism in the presence of the guru.
- Those who practice kriya yoga daily, sincerely usually do not get diseases. They enjoy health and healing and fitness. As a result, they are able to continue the daily practice of kriya yoga, till they attain perfection and self-realization, in this very life.
May God and the Great Masters, Bless, Guide, Protect and Inspire you.
With much love and humbleness,
Paramahansa Atmananda Ji